We are looking for a Controls Software Developer to join our global technology team. This position is for work performance in the Bay Area, California at our branch company Cosylab USA Inc.
You will take part in the design and development of distributed control and data acquisition systems for particle accelerators. You will be responsible for systems analysis, requirements gathering, design, implementation, integration, test, and documentation. Most of the development will take place in the EPICS (Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System) toolkit often used within the particle accelerator community that usually runs on Linux or other real-time operating systems (Linux RT, RTEMS, VxWorks) and is programmed via the EPICS framework (tools and libraries).
This is a multi-disciplinary role, teaming with software and hardware engineers, and has continuous interaction with scientists comprised mainly of particle accelerator physicists and operators.
- Requirements gathering and generating design documentation.
- Writing prototype code to evaluate methods and writing production code for test and integration.
- Analyzing and designing solutions, and participating in the completion and commissioning of the final software package.
- Designing and developing new Linux kernel and EPICS drivers, embedded applications, and user interfaces.
- Responsible for project leadership within cost and time-constrained environments.