Data Engineer – Business Analytics team (m/f)
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our business analytics team.
As a team member, your primary focus will be on preparing data for analytical and operational users, managing the data warehouse, and preparing reports for Cosylab’s internal end-users, including sales, production, marketing, finances, and management.
Cosylab provides turnkey software solutions for our planet’s most complex systems, such as particle accelerators, large telescope arrays, fusion reactors, innovative medical devices, and cancer therapy systems. Our technology enables organizations to achieve scientific breakthroughs and deliver better healthcare treatment and clean energy in the future.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain data warehouse and data integration/processing pipelines.
- Help prepare data that answers questions and delivers value.
- Ingest new data sources.
- Prepare reports for internal end-users and management.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the following areas: databases, data modelling, and ETL processes.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server ecosystem.
- Experience with SISS.
- Experience with database administration.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Autonomous, proactive, with great communication skills, and a team player.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Power BI or similar data visualization tools.
- Experience in analytics on MS Dynamics Nav data.
- B.Sc in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or another related technical field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
What we offer?
- Employment contract for an indefinite period with a six-month probationary period.
- Plenty of personal and professional growth opportunities combined with a competitive and periodically updated salary tailored to your skills, experiences, and results.
- Interesting work full of challenges in an international working environment.
- A work environment with flexible working hours and remote work.
- Opportunities to work abroad.
- High-impact learning culture: regular in-house and external training sessions and a team of international professionals eager to help you grow.
- Flexible working time with the possibility of working from home.
- Many recreational after-work activities, unlimited coffee, soft drinks, fruit, therapeutic massage, and other well-being goodies.
- Cosylab events (Teambuilding, CosyPicnic, New Year’s Party, … ).
- Casual atmosphere with friendly faces where you can completely “be yourself”.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Thinking bold to be able to take each upcoming challenge as a new opportunity and bring in your ideas.
- Pride in your work and work hard with a desire to impress our customers.
- Act modestly by maintaining equality among co-workers and encouraging teamwork.
- Enjoying life be it by kicking off the week with Monday pancakes, taking a short break by having a massage, playing table football or table tennis, enjoying all sorts of sports and activities.
Apply for Data Engineer by Monday, 24 April 2023
Please fill in the application form below and upload your English CV, motivational letter and other relevant documents.