Open Job Positions
Systems Engineer – Switzerland (m/f)
About the role
As part of the team of engineers based in Switzerland, you will be tasked with designing software controls for the next generation of industrial machinery. This involves, working closely with the customer to define requirements and developing system architecture and interfaces in collaboration with Cosylab’s engineers in Switzerland and abroad. Critical work includes testing and verification of the design to ensure the design meets the requirements for the customer and Cosylab’s rigorous quality management system.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Conduct meetings with customers to understand the development project.
- Collect customer’s input and translate it into clear technical requirements.
- Defining the architecture of industrial systems based on requirements.
- Specifying and verifying system modules to be implemented by development teams.
- Communication with external development partners.
- Creatively solve problems during complex projects using technical and people skills.
- Leading risk management activities with customers and developers.
- Planning and executing system verification.
- Supporting project manager with development planning and work estimates.
Required skills and experience
- 2 – 5 years of experience in system or software architecture.
- Familiarity with various software technologies.
- Knowledge of a variety of sensor and motion technologies.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive technical documentation.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- An open mind for discussion and team collaboration.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in Java, C++ or other high-level programming languages.
- Experience with motion control systems and robotics.
- Experience with IoT and Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Experience with PLCs and embedded computing platforms.
- Previous experience with industrial machinery.
- Experience with development in a regulated environment (medical, space, aerospace, automotive, Pharma).
- Sc. in Computer Science, Mechatronic Engineering, or other related technical fields.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Further languages, especially German and French, are beneficial.
What we offer?
- Employment contract for an indefinite period with a six-month probationary period.
- A work environment with flexible working hours and a hybrid work model.
- Plenty of personal and professional growth opportunities combined with a competitive and periodically updated salary tailored to your skills, experiences, and results.
- Interesting work full of challenges in an international working environment.
- High-impact learning culture: regular in-house and external training sessions and a team of international professionals eager to help you grow.
- Unique opportunities for working on different, challenging, big, and complex projects which need a lot of both – ambition and brain.
- A work environment with flexible working hours and a casual atmosphere with friendly faces where you can completely “be yourself”.
You will fit perfectly if you share these values
- Thinking bold to be able to take each upcoming challenge as a new opportunity and bring in your ideas.
- Pride in your work and work hard with a desire to impress our customers.
- Act modestly by maintaining equality among co-workers and encouraging teamwork.
- Enjoying life be it by kicking off the week with Monday pancakes, taking a short break by having a massage, playing table football or table tennis, enjoying all sorts of sports and activities.
Apply for Systems Engineer by Monday, 19 June 2023
Please fill in the application form below and upload your English CV, motivational letter and other relevant documents.